At Franklin Avenue Dental Care, Dr. Gary Sherman is proud to outfit his office with advanced tools and techniques that ensure smoother treatment experiences for his valued patients. In particular, digital radiography has completely transformed the essential X-ray process, and our team couldn’t be happier to offer you and your loved ones added convenience and safety during your routine check-ups. Please contact our Garden City, NY practice today if you’d like to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions.
Digital X-rays offer patients several valuable advantages when compared to traditional film. These include:
- Instead of having to be developed slowly in a darkroom, digital X-rays are captured with a camera and transferred to our computer system in a matter of seconds for easy viewing.
- Digital X-rays can be magnified, rotated, and even color-coded by our team members to help patients better understand what they’re looking at.
- Do you need your X-rays transferred to an insurance company or other doctor? This can be handled quickly and simply.
- There are no hazardous chemicals needed at any point in the X-ray process, and they can be stored in our computer system instead of overly large and wasteful filing cabinets. This makes digital radiography much better for the environment overall.
- Radiation exposure is reduced by up to 90% for a significantly safer treatment experience.